WHAT IS SALVATION?
- It is a free gift from God.
- It is to save and deliver us from our sins.
- It is to save and redeem us for eternity.
- It is an ongoing process to become Christ-like.
- It is not dependent on good works or anything that we have to offer God.
WHY DO I NEED TO BE SAVED?
- You and I are born as sinners since the fall of Adam and Eve – Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God….”
- The penalty of sin is natural death and eternal separation from God – Romans 5:12, “Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all have sinned…”
- “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us,” 1John 1:8.
WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED?
- Realize – that you are a sinner and in need a saviour, “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, God, have mercy on me, a sinner, Luke 18:13.
- Repent – “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out…,” Acts 3:19.
- Receive – “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,” John 1:12.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SALVATION?
- Restored fellowship with God – “But now in Christ Jesus you who were once far away, have been brought near through the blood of Christ,” Ephesians 2:13.
- Resurrected life in Christ Jesus – “And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,” Ephesians 2:6.
- Redemption from your sins – “For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness, and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.” Colossians 1:14
- Restored relationship with God through eternity – “In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.” Ephesians 3:12.